Another noted member of Wesley Methodist Church was Dr. Earl McBride. He was a strong member of the church, serving on numerous committees and in leadership roles including the Lay Evangelism group and donated the first loud speaker for the church sanctuary.
The son of Almeda Frances Tucker and A. Aaron McBride. He was born Jun. 15, 1891 in Severy in
Greenwood County, Kansas and died Sep. 20, 1975, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma County Oklahoma.
Moved to Oklahoma around 1900 and was raised in Watonga, Oklahoma. Attended Epworth University and the University of Oklahoma. Graduated from the College of Physicians and Surgeons at Columbia University, Ny, Ny. Practiced Medicine in Ralston, Navina and Hitchcock, Oklahoma until WWI. Served in WWI as a captain.
He was the first board certified Orthopedic surgeon west of the Mississippi. He opened McBride's Reconstruction Hospital in 1919 and later opened the McBride Clinic and Bone and Joint Hospital at NW 10th and Lee.
He married Pauline Mary Wahl September 3, 1913 in Oklahoma City. They were married for 62 years. They were members of the Wesley United Methodist Church. He was active in the Oklahoma Society for Crippled Children (writing a history of their work), Past potentate of the India Temple Shrine (33rd Degree mason, Shriner and Jester) and an early member of the Oklahoma City Rotary Club.
He was buried, alongside his wife, in September of 1962 in Oklahoma City at Rose Hill Burial Park.