The Wahl family....Anna and Lewis G....parents of Frances. The photo was taken at their 50th wedding anniversary celebration. Lewis Gottlieb WAHL was the son of German immigrants, Johann Wilhelm Wahl and Wilhelmina Rosine Klein Wahl.
He came to Oklahoma October 1889 with his wife Anna Sophia Helena CLASSEN and daughter Lydia Wilhelmina. He was a real estate developer and worked with his brother-in-law, Anton H. Classen, Jr. He was also involved in the Wahl-Klein Real Estate Company. He was a member of the Germany Methodist Church (later known as the 8th Street Methodist Church, at 8th and Lee). Then later the Wesley United Methodist Church. He had three daughters, Lydia Wilhelmina (Mrs. Walter H. Rhodes), Pauline Mary (Mrs. Earl DuWain McBride) and Frances Ruth (Mrs. Wayde McAlister).
His son-in-law, Dr. Earl D. McBride founded the McBride Clinic and the Bone and Joint Hospital. Mr. Wahl was instrumental in finding the land for the hospital on NW 10th street.
Wahl had a brother who was a member of the German Methodist Church and pastored in Ohio and Missouri. Note: at one point there was a Blondeville WAHL listed as a local preacher associated with Wesley, unknown if this person is related to L.G. and Anna Wahl.