In August of 1948 the former parsonage of Wesley (2706 N. Douglas) was dedicated and renamed the 'EDWARD HADDUCK MEMORIAL HALL'. It was to serve the needs of the community and Wesley as a youth center for social activities, work projects and devotional gatherings by young people of the church.
The previous November a young associate pastor, Edward Hadduck had worked with the youth program at Wesley and had been killed in an auto accident. Rev. Nuell C. Crain conducted the memorial service featuring a shadow play, "Youth At Worship." Over 350 people attended a picnic supper as part of the dedication ceremony. The parents of the deceased youth pastor, Mr. and Mrs. George Hadduck of Russell, Kansas among them.
|The parsonage seen on the right.|
|Hadduck Hall - perhaps the 1948 dedication?|
|Youth in front of Hadduck Hall in 1951|